Many of you may find that the internet ubiquity makes your device permanently useful. However, there may be times when you cannot reliably use the internet. Therefore, some of the following tools will be indispensable for accessing courses and materials. I use these because I travel a great deal and always want to be using travel time for education time.
I prefer to use my travel and drive time for education over music or entertainment. It not only is a wise use of my time, but a stimulating way to keep alert.
- Clipgrab – allows you to download (for later use) video content, especially YouTube.
- Enounce Myspeed – allows you to speed up, or slow down, video content.
- VLC – great replay for video content – allows for speed up of video replay.
- MP3 Converter – allows you to take the audio portion of a video (MP4) for replay on ITunes or other audio listener.
- Amazon MP3 downloader – especially good if you are a Prime Member of Amazon
- Audible – an Amazon product for purchasing audio recordings/performances of books.
- Firefox – a browser that works better for a MAC than Safari, especially when trying to play or download video’s.